Sardine delivers Instant Bank ACH for MetaMask users in the US
As posted on the MetaMask help pages:
MetaMask now enables instant bank funding for U.S. customers to purchase crypto through ACH settlement merchant Sardine.
With Sardine’s new ACH integration, you can buy crypto instantly without settling delays.
Instant ACH allows orders to complete in minutes instead of days like a standard ACH order and works on holidays, unlike regular ACH.
ACH can be preferable to cards for some users, according to Sardine, because:
- Instant ACH is more likely to work as paying with cards may be declined in 50% of purchases.
- Instant ACH allows higher limits than cards.
To fund your wallet directly through this method, simply choose “Instant Bank Transfer” after selecting the BUY button in your home screen.
Sardine’s payment system helps combat fraud and allows instant purchases of up to $3,000/day, $5,000/week, and $25,000/month for over 30 tokens.
How do I get started?
You will be prompted to sign up and go through the KYC process directly with Sardine.
To fund your wallet with instant ACH bank transfer:
- Click “BUY” on the home screen to get started
- Select your state (Sardine supports 48 states currently. Hawaii and New York will be supported in the future)
- Choose “Instant Bank Transfer” as your payment method
- Select the token and network you want to purchase on (example: ETH on Ethereum)
- Enter the amount you want to buy (example: $500 of ETH)
- Select “Sardine” as your provider. Note: If this is your first time using Sardine, you will be prompted to sign up directly with them.
- Review purchase and click “Confirm”
Done. Sardine’s ACH-to-crypto purchase allows you to enjoy your funds instantly without waiting for days. Curious about NFTs? DeFi? Start diving in.
Instant ACH can be a game changer for web3.
Most wallet funding has historically been with cards or Apple Pay, but at Sardine, we saw cards and X-Pays have decline rates of 50% on average. That means first-time users have a 1 in 2 chance of not completing a purchase. This can lead to them abandoning their wallet and trying another, contributing to the idea that “web3 has terrible UX.”
With Sardine, users can pay directly from their bank account and instantly receive the Crypto or NFT. Sardine can also increase the average daily funding for users, who may be capped at between $300 to $500 in card payments, to at least $3,000 per day.
If you’re curious about why ACH is a good option for web3 and want to learn more, check out our deep dive here.
More coming soon.
Sardine is now available as a payment option for Brave, Autograph, and MetaMask.
We’ll add more payment options and geographies in the coming months and always with the industry’s highest conversion rates and best fraud prevention performance.
Want higher conversion, higher limits, and less fraud?
With Sardine, you can.
Contact us to learn more.